Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are sharply down in early U.S. trading Monday, on the just announced news from Pfizer that it has developed a very promising Covid-19 vaccine. Stock markets soared on the news, including U.S. indexes hitting record highs, as risk appetite has up-ticked markedly the past hour. Gold prices had hit a nearly seven-week high of $1,966.10 in overnight trading. December gold futures were last down $39.90 at $1,911.70 and December Comex silver was last down $0.792 at $24.855 an ounce.
Pfizer within the past hour announced a Covid-19 vaccine trial of around 44,000 subjects that is 90% effective gave the stock markets a solid boost from earlier overnight gains. […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content