Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold prices are holding some gains as consumer inflation pressures were weaker than expected last month
Thursday, the U.S. Labor Department said its U.S. Consumer Price Index was unchanged in October, after a 0.2% rise in September. The data were weaker than consensus forecasts, calling for a rise of 0.1%
The report said that annual inflation data rose 1.2%, missing expectations calling for a 1.3% rise.Stripping out volatile food and energy prices, core inflation also did not rise last month, following September’s rise of 0.2%. Economists were expecting to see a 0.2% rise.For the year, inflation is up 1.6%; economists were expecting to see a 1.7% rise.December gold futures are seeing little reaction to […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content