Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – The gold market continues to tread water around $1,900 an ounce even as the U.S. sees some slowing momentum in the housing sector.
Tuesday, the Commerce Department said that U.S. September housing starts rose by nearly 2% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.415 million units.
However, the data missed expectations as consensus forecasts compiled by most news organizations called for starts to be around 1.457 million units. August tally was revised to 1.388 million units.Gold is seeing little reaction to the latest housing sector data. December gold futures last traded at $1,906.50 an ounce, down 0.24% on the day.Meanwhile, the Commerce Department said the tally of building permits – important as an […]
Click here to view original web page at www.kitco.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!