Gold mining companies have tracked the price of the yellow metal lower over the past two weeks after risk-on assets received a double-dose boost of positive vaccine news from Pfizer Inc. ( PFE ) and Moderna, Inc. ( MRNA ). However, as COVID-19 infections continue to rise and the complexities of administering a shot to large portions of the population begin to surface, investors may once again turn to the safety of gold to hedge against a winter of uncertainty. Gold mining exchange-traded funds (ETFs) offer a hedge against uncertainty about the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines.
The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF ( GDX ) has oscillated within a descending channel over the past four months to establish clear support and resistance areas.
The VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF ( GDXJ ) finds a confluence of support from the lower trendline of a descending channel and the 200-day […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content