Bitcoin is outshining gold by a significant margin in price terms as expectations soar of a swift global economic recovery enabled by promising coronavirus vaccines.
While the top cryptocurrency by market value has risen 22% to cross $17,000 this month, the precious metal is up just 0.5% at the current price of $1,890 per ounce. Bitcoin and gold monthly charts The demand for traditional haven assets such as gold has declined this month as two Big Pharma firms, Pfizer and Moderna , announced positive results for their experimental coronavirus vaccines.
The resulting speculation that the global economy may well return to normality as soon as the second half of 2021 has triggered a rotation of money out of defensive assets and into risk assets, according to an outlook from Ole Hansen, head of commodity strategy at Saxo Bank.
Bitcoin, too, is considered digital gold by many. However, the increased risk appetite in […]
Click here to view original web page at www.coindesk.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!