gold bullion bar Gold prices fell on Monday when news of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine broke and investors turned their attention — and dollars — to the stock market, but the precious metal hasn’t lost its shine. As of late day Wednesday, gold was valued at $1,866 an ounce, not too far below its all-time highs north of $2,000 earlier this year.
Gold reached a record-smashing high of $2,080 an ounce in early August, spurred by central banks’ monetary easing, which created negative real yields, Citi economists told CNBC. Gold has a tendency to rise when the stock market is volatile, which was the case over the summer when the price of gold surged. Even with an invigorated stock market, some analysts think that gold will remain a hot commodity. Under the imminent Joe Biden presidency, Americans might be able to expect another round of COVID-19 relief stimulus payments , […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content