This photo shows gold bars stacked in rows.
Ktsdesign | Science Photo Library
Gold prices edged higher on Thursday, after dropping over 1% in the previous session, as concerns over the economic fallout from surging Covid-19 cases outweighed positive vaccine news.
Spot gold rose 0.3% to $1,869.51 per ounce by 0339 GMT.U.S. gold futures were 0.4% higher at $1,869.30.“Gold traders are trying to strike a balance between a positive vaccine news versus a rising number of coronavirus cases around the globe,” said Margaret Yang, a strategist with DailyFx, which covers currency, commodity and index trading.Although the vaccine may affect the medium- to long-term trend of gold prices, monetary and fiscal stimulus are needed in the near-term to shelter the global economy, Yang said. European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde signaled further support for the economy on Wednesday as the pandemic intensified in Europe, with cases expected to spike in winter.Gold tends […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content