An Argor-Heraeus SA stamp sits on a 250 gram gold bar in Budapest, Hungary, on March 10, 2016.
Akos Stiller | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Gold prices edged higher on Wednesday, supported by a softer dollar, while concerns about surging Covid-19 cases in the United States and logistical challenges over the mass roll-out of a potential vaccine further bolstered the metal’s appeal.
Spot gold rose 0.3% to $1,882.06 per ounce by 0320 GMT.U.S. gold futures were up 0.2% at $1,880.20.The dollar index was down 0.1% against a basket of currencies, making gold more attractive to other currency holders.“The initial vaccine being proposed isn’t realistic … COVID-19 is still a problem and ultimately there will be further forms of stimulus and this will be positive for gold and negative for the dollar,” said Michael Langford, executive director at corporate advisory and consultancy firm AirGuide. Federal Reserve policymakers said on Tuesday that surging […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content