Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here! ( Kitco News ) – Gold prices are holding sharp losses, have hit a four-week low and are trading near the daily lows in late-morning action Wednesday. Strong gains in the U.S. dollar index on this day are pressuring the precious metals. December gold futures have seen a bearish downside “breakout” from the recent sideways trading range on the daily bar chart, to produce some technical damage. A move in prices below solid chart support at the September low of $1,851.00 would give the bears more power to suggest a new leg down in prices in the near term. Indeed, the line in the sand for the gold market bulls to now defend is that price level. […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content