Global News Select Marks & Spencer Rises After Takeover Speculation
Marks & Spencer Group shares gain 3% after weekend news reports suggested U.S. private equity giant Apollo Global Management was considering a buyout of the U.K. retailer. The company’s food business and its tie-up with online retailer Ocado Group are likely to have sparked Apollo’s interest, particularly given M&S’s upbeat 1H results earlier this month, Hargreaves Lansdown says. "However, shares have surged more than 27% since those impressive results and if the price continues to climb, there is a chance Apollo may turn into more of a reluctant suitor," HL analyst Susannah Streeter says.
Companies News: Jersey Oil & Gas Appoints New Nonexecutive Chairman, CFO
Jersey Oil & Gas PLC said Monday that it has appointed a new nonexecutive chairman, chief financial officer and chief commercial officer, effective immediately.—Thruvision 1H Pretax Loss Widened on Lower Revenue; Confident for 2HThruvision Group PLC […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content