Bitcoin gold ETP, pension funds turn passive and uranium ETF launches made headlines this week There was another world first in the land of crypto exchange-traded products (ETPs) this week after 21Shares launched a bitcoin and gold ETP which is set to spin the head of the “bitcoin is the new gold” brigade.
The 21Shares ByteTree BOLD ETP (BOLD) does not quite offer bitcoin parity with the precious metal quite yet though, with an 18.5% weighting to bitcoin and 81.5% to gold, the assets are weighted in inverse proportion to their risk.
BOLD – developed alongside UK specialist provider of alternative investment strategies ByteTree – attempts to deliver protection against inflation via optimised risk-adjusted exposure.
While both bitcoin and gold are widely available within an ETP wrapper separately, Charlie Morris, CIO at ByteTree Asset Management , has claimed backtesting ETPs has improved returns by 7-8 percentage points a year – impressive if […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content