Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) With the U.S. election just one week away, volatility is rocking the financial markets, except for the gold sector, in which investors remain very cautious ahead of the big event.
There are four main scenarios investors are preparing for come election day — a Democratic sweep, a Trump win, a split Congress, or a contested election.
All of the above are likely to trigger higher gold prices in the long-term, but one might set off an "explosive" rally while others are likely to lead to a "slow grind higher," according to Pepperstone head of research Chris Weston.
"Longer-term, all roads lead to higher gold prices," Weston told Kitco News on Friday. Blue wave The most explosive scenario for gold would […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content