The share price of leading uranium mining company Uranium Energy (UEC) has shot up over the past month, propelled by skyrocketing uranium prices and growing demand for uranium for nuclear electricity generation. However, given that a widening uranium demand-supply gap and pandemic-related disruption of mining activities could mar the industry’s prospects, will the stock be able to retain its momentum? Read on. shutterstock.com – StockNews Uranium mining and exploration company Uranium Energy Corp. ( UEC ) in Corpus Christi, Tex., is engaged in pre-extraction, extraction, and processing of uranium in the United States and Paraguay. It holds interest in several projects, including Palangana mine in Texas, Slick Rock in Colorado, and Alto Parana titanium projects in Paraguay.
UEC’s stock has gained 84.1% in price so far this year and 62% over the past month. This can be attributed primarily to uranium prices hitting an eight-year high this month, following the […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content