DBRS Limited (DBRS Morningstar) confirmed the Issuer Rating and Senior Debt rating of Cameco Corporation (Cameco or the Company) at BBB and the Commercial Paper rating at R-2 (middle).
All trends remain Stable.
The rating confirmations were based on Cameco’s (1) decision to restart its McArthur River/Key Lake complex, which should reduce the higher-cost open market purchases with incremental low-cost production and (2) strong business risk profile because of the Company’s long-life reserves, low operating cost structure, integration across the nuclear fuel cycle, and a portfolio of long-term contractual commitments. The Stable trends were maintained because of the Company’s attractive liquidity profile with $2.5 billion of liquidity available as at March 31, 2022, with no debt maturities until June 2024 and positive pricing momentum for uranium.
While the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic has continued to cause disruptions to global supply chains and an acceleration in inflation, the unrest in Kazakhstan in January […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content