The gold futures contract lost 1.71% on Wednesday, as it broke below $1,900 price level. It has also broken below its multi-week consolidation. In September the market was retracing a rally from around $1,800 to August 7 record high of $2,089.20 in reaction to U.S. dollar advance. Then gold has bounced from the support level marked by mid-August local low of around $1,875, as we can see on the daily chart ( the chart includes today’s intraday data ):
Gold is unchanged this morning, as it is trading along yesterday’s daily close. What about the other precious metals? Silver lost 4.93% on Wednesday and today it is 0.4% lower. Platinum lost 1.33% and today it is 0.8% lower. Palladium lost 4.39% yesterday and today it is 1.0% lower. So precious metals’ prices are mixed this morning .
Yesterday’s Wholesale Inventories release has been slightly lower than expected at -0.1%. Today we […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content