Baker Steel’s shares have been rising steadily over the past five years “At the beginning of the COVID crisis we decided that we should put some more money into precious metals,” says Trevor Steel of Baker Steel Resources Trust Ltd ( LON:BSRT ).
Back then that was a bolder decision than hindsight makes it seem now. But sometimes you just need to hold your nerve.
Baker Steel had ready cash to hand, and new stakes were acquired in several major gold and silver companies.
“It was quite well timed,” says Steel simply. “We continue to hold these companies in our portfolio, and they account for around five or six per cent of the fund.”But they do more than that: they also help underpin the market’s confidence in Baker Steel as a steady hand in troubled times.It’s no coincidence that although Baker Steel’s share price took a hit in March during the worst […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content