“One Ring to rule them all” is a central plot element in J. R. R. Tolkien’s fictional novel The Lord of the Rings , as well as Peter Jackson’s movie trilogy, both of which I highly recommend. The One Ring was one of the most powerful artifacts ever created and was crafted by Lord Sauron. Sauron’s intent was to enhance his own power, and to exercise control over the other Rings of Power as he hoped to gain lordship over the Elves and all of the other races in Middle-earth. A pretty powerful theme for a fictional story, but where might I be going with this in real life today? Bear with me, it’ll take a bit to follow the tangled way my brain works.
At the recently concluded G7 meeting there was seeming consensus to chastise both China and Russia for various assorted reasons. It’s a reasonable bet that […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content