The S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI: OSPTX ) opened higher last Friday (July 23), trading at 20,159.59. It closed the five day period slightly higher at 20,190.09.
The index was on track to post a weekly gain on the back of a surge in tech stocks.
On Friday, gold and silver pulled back and were set for a weekly fall as the US dollar strengthened.
Last week’s five TSX-listed mining stocks that saw the biggest gains are as follows: Forsys Metals (TSX: FSY ) Laramide Resources (TSX: LAM ) Fission Uranium (TSX: FCU ) Global Atomic (TSX: GLO ) Journey Energy (TSX: JOY ) Here’s a look at those companies and the factors that moved their share prices last week. 1. Forsys Metals Forsys Metals is focused on developing uranium projects on the African continent. The explorer currently owns the Norasa project, which includes the fully permitted Valencia uranium project, and it […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content