Last week’s top-gaining stocks on the TSX were UEX, TRX Gold, Mandalay Resources, Jaguar Mining and Aya Gold and Silver.
The S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI: OSPTX ) was trading at 19,170.04 early last Friday (June 17) morning, but ultimately closed the period lower at 18,931.16.
Last week, the index fell to its lowest level in more than two years as concerns over a recession and interest rate hikes increased. Speaking with the Investing News Network at this year’s Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada convention , Brien Lundin , editor of Gold Newsletter, said a recession is likely.
“Right now you can buy solid companies with real resources , some with economics on them, some even in development,” he said when asked about potential opportunities in the market. “If the market just normalizes, those stocks will be trading at three to four times the levels they are today.”Looking over to […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content