Commodities stocks generally aren’t what most investors consider to be growth plays in the long term. However, investors seeking out companies focused on commodities with a tilt toward growth may be interested in a top Canadian ESG stock that’s growing in prevalence.
I’m specifically talking about Cameco (TSX:CCO) (NYSE:CCJ) . This uranium miner has been out of favour among some investors for some time. Indeed, terrible incidents, such as the accident at the Japanese Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, have taken a toll on investor enthusiasm. Moreover, there has been a long-standing period of low commodity prices for uranium.
However, the world is witnessing a massive recovery both in uranium demand and prices. Climate change has shifted global attention to clean and green energy. Thus, renewable energy is once again at the centre of discussion. Nuclear energy is one of the greenest sources of energy available today.
With an increased focus on […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content