Uranium prices fell to their lowest in five months this week, but shares of Uranium Energy (NYSEMKT: UEC) were flying 14.6% higher through 10 a.m. ET Friday, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence . The young uranium miner released its earnings this week, but the real catalyst for the uranium mining stock was a contract to supply uranium in the first quarter of 2023. So what
The U.S. generates almost 20% of its electricity from nuclear energy but imports most of the uranium it uses as a fuel in nuclear reactors. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and surging commodity prices in 2022, however, compelled the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to make plans to revive the domestic uranium industry. Part of the plan included the establishment of a strategic uranium reserve, and in July, the DOE sought proposals to purchase 1 million pounds of domestically […]
Click here to view original web page at www.msn.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!