Shares of uranium miners Energy Fuels ( NYSEMKT:UUUU ), Cameco ( NYSE:CCJ ), and NexGen Energy ( NYSEMKT:NXE ) stocks all dropped in afternoon trading Monday, falling 7.5%, 8.7%, and 9.2%, respectively, through 12:30 p.m. EDT.
That’s curious, considering how the price of uranium has been behaving lately. Image source: Getty Images. So what
Since its most recent bottom in late April, the spot price on uranium has run up 12.5% to $30.26 per pound today — and you’d think that investors in miners Energy Fuels, Cameco, and NexGen would take that as good news, but here’s the thing: Today’s uranium price is roughly equal to what the atomic power raw material cost 11 months ago, in July 2020. It’s not so much a spike in price we’re seeing, therefore, as a climb back toward normal.It also may not be enough to turn these companies profitable . Now […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content