ASX uranium shares are in a sea of red on Tuesday. At the time of writing, leading ASX uranium producers and explorers such as Paladin Energy Ltd (ASX: PDN) , Boss Energy Ltd (ASX: BOE) and Deep Yellow Limited (ASX: DYL) are plunging by 13.91%, 8.11% and 7.78% respectively. What’s driving the selloff for ASX uranium shares?
ASX uranium shares are on the slide following reports the US Government is assessing a leak at a Chinese nuclear power plant.
The plant is a joint venture between state-run China General Nuclear Power Group, which owns 70%, and French power giant Electricite de France (EDF) which owns the remaining 30%.
According to the Wall Street Journal , EDF requested an extraordinary board meeting with Chinese managers to gather more information about the buildup of gases inside one of the plant’s reactors. The French company warned of an “imminent radiological threat”.The BBC reported […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content