One year ago, in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the world was in a panic about energy security.
Russia was a huge exporter of gas and oil, and many European nations were dependent on it to heat their homes over freezing winters.
As economic sanctions against Russia kicked in, those countries were forced to look elsewhere to meet their energy needs.
Oil and gas prices, accordingly, skyrocketed. Why was everyone so interested in uranium last year? But another consequence of this energy crisis was that it compelled many governments to seek alternate sources of fuel.One of those is nuclear power, which had gone out of fashion after the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan.All of a sudden, countries like Germany that had mothballed their fission power plants were interested in reviving them.Of course, that led to tremendous investor interest in uranium producers like Paladin Energy Ltd ( ASX: PDN ).The […]
Click here to view original web page at www.msn.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!