Companies around the world tied to the commodity have charged higher, but the excitement might be short-lived Shares of uranium mining companies saw a boost Monday as a rally in the radioactive metal gave retail traders a new sector to be excited about .
As reported by the Wall Street Journal , Sydney-listed uranium miners Peninsula Energy, Energy Resources of Australia, and Bannerman Energy all closed the day more than 25% up from where they started. Aura Energy, which is listed in London, saw its share jump more than 35%. Yellow Cake PLC, a London-listed company that’s effectively a fund that gives investors uranium exposure, climbed 13%.
SwaggyStocks, a website that monitors WallStreetBets for mentions of ticker symbols, also detected an uptick in chatter around Cameco, a Canadian company listed on the New York exchange, which at one point became the third most-discussed company in the notorious Reddit forum after Apple […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content