The last quarter of 2021 saw production at only three US uranium facilities, but producers are making preparations with a view to starting production from operations in Wyoming and Utah as the market strengthens. Drilling work at Reno Creek (Image: UEC) For much of 2020 and 2021, the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) was unable to publish quarterly domestic uranium production figures as output failed to reach its reporting threshold. Figures have been published for the last two quarters, and according to the EIA’s latest report , the fourth quarter of 2021 saw a total of 9,978 pounds U3O8 (3.8 tU) produced from three facilities: the Nichols Ranch in-situ leach (ISL) project and Ross central processing plant, both in Wyoming, and the Crowe Butte operation in Nebraska. This was 88% higher than the third quarter total of 5,297 pounds.
"2022 begins with the highest uranium price in a decade and […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content