As the weekly uranium spot price continues to move in a tight range, new research explores the effect of delaying nuclear plant closures on global uranium demand.
-The effect on uranium demand of delaying plant closures
-Fourth quarter results for Kazatomprom
-Uranium spot price falls marginally
In the wake of President Biden’s inclusion of nuclear in his clean energy plan, new research from Bank of America (BofA) poses the question "what if expected US nuclear plant retirements over the next 10 years were postponed?"If expected closures in the period 2021-2030 were delayed to beyond 2030, then there would be "an additional 26mlbs of global uranium (U3O8) demand over that period."While this is just a 2% increase, it is of assistance and could lead to increased pressure on utilities to move forward new contracting, notes the analyst.In the US there are twelve nuclear reactors expected to shut down between […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content