As the spot price of uranium holds steady for the month, an investment firm details bright prospects for the sector.
-Are we past the cyclical downturn for uranium?
-Five investment ideas
-The monthly spot price is unchanged
In the view of Australian investment firm Shaw and Partners, uranium markets are past the cyclical downturn driven by the Fukushima earthquake.A recovery is evidenced by spot uranium prices having increased 25% to US$30/lb this year due to supply-side discipline and inventory drawdowns, notes Shaw. The inertia that took hold after the US Section 232 petition, which was compounded by covid-19, is finally ready to be dislodged. In addition, Russian Suspension Agreement and US election uncertainty is now over.US and European utilities have the clarity and bandwidth to think about procurement. Shaw believes utilities will have to act in 2021 to cover a shortage of term contacts from 2023, given the two […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content