Current month uranium spot prices rose sharply to a nine-year high Sept. 15 as the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust began buying again after approval of an expanded equity sales program that will allow the fund to acquire up to $1 billion in additional uranium in the coming months.
Receive daily email alerts, subscriber notes & personalize your experience.
S&P Global Platts assessed spot U3O8 prices at $48/lb at 1 pm ET, the highest price since September 2012.It also marked a jump of $5/lb, or 11.6%, since Sept. 13As Sprott approached the limit of its existing equity sales program, last week it filed with Canadian securities regulators to enlarge its at-the-market fund, which allows it to sell additional shares at its discretion and use the proceeds to buy additional uranium, from $300 million to $1.3 billion.The trust reported no additions to its uranium holdings on its website Sept. 10-13.After […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content