Uranium is an important commodity in the energy sector. Here the Investing News Network looks at the top five uranium countries by reserves.
Uranium is an important commodity in the energy sector, and knowing the countries with the top reserves is key. Mined uranium resources have provided fuel for nuclear power generation for more than 60 years, and today nuclear power serves 10 percent of global energy needs.
Global uranium demand is anticipated to grow in the coming years, which bodes well for future uranium prices . According to the World Nuclear Association (WNA), 55 nuclear reactors are under construction worldwide, and significant increases to capacity at existing plants are also planned.
Global uranium production totaled 56,287 tonnes of U3O8 in 2020, the latest year for which numbers are available. The five top uranium-producing countries in the world are Kazakhstan, Australia, Namibia, Canada and Uzbekistan, and they were responsible […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content