The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the creation of this content.
Dec 18, 2022 (Reportmines via Comtex) — Uranium mining is the process of extracting uranium ore from the ground. The worldwide production of uranium in 2015 amounted to 60,496 tonnes. Kazakhstan, Canada, and Australia are the top three producers of uranium ore in the world.Uranium is widely used as an energy source. Nuclear power plants generate electricity by using heat from nuclear fission. Uranium is also used in nuclear weapons.There are two types of mining: open-pit mining and underground mining. Open-pit mining is more common and produces more uranium ore than underground mining. Uranium ore is extracted using traditional mining methods such as drilling and blasting. The ore is then transported to a processing plant where it is crushed and ground up. The uranium is then separated from the ore using chemicals. The […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content