Geiger Counter Ltd (LON:GCL) has had a good run of late. With its small cap bias, this uranium-focused investment trust has taken advantage of economic recovery and is currently outperforming its peers – Baker Steel Resources, BlackRock World Mining and Yellow Cake among others.
GCL invests in the securities of companies involved in the exploration, development and production of energy. It focuses predominantly on the uranium industry but up to 30% of its assets can be invested in resource-related companies from outside the energy sector. The investment adviser is CQS , a multi-strategy asset management firm that trades as New City Investment Managers .
GCL’s top five holdings are U-R Energy (TSE:URE), Sprott Physical Uranium Trust (TSE:U.UN), ISO Energy, Kazatomprom and NexGen Energy (LON:OV9D). NexGen is the largest holding (21.83% of the fund). It has a market cap of £65 million and around 56% of its assets are based in […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content