Written by Summary
URA and URNM are the two main ETFs offering equity exposure to the uranium space.
URA may look better at first glance – it has better expense ratio, liquidity and discount to NAV.
On the other hand, URNM is the purer-play uranium bet, as URA has holdings outside the sector. Antoine2K Many investors, myself included, believe that uranium is the solution to the energy transition challenge. However, the nearly decade long uranium bear market has wreaked havoc in the miners space. Many companies were forced to shut down, due to low market prices of the commodity. As a result, nowadays the uranium space has very few producers, while most companies are explorers/developers. The latter are a lot riskier than producers, since there’s permitting, exploration and initial capital investment inflation risk. So obtaining a diversified uranium exposure by picking individual names may be a challenge. This is […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content