Gold stayed strong in the third week of the new year. Meanwhile, Justin Huhn of Uranium Insider shared his outlook for the uranium market in 2023, saying its "mania phase" is still ahead.
As the third week of the new year wraps up, gold’s momentum remains strong. After breaking the US$1,900 per ounce mark last week, the yellow metal has kept above that level, ending Friday (January 20) around US$1,925.
December’s producer price index (PPI) data was in the headlines this week , with a decline of 0.5 percent month-on-month and a year-on-year increase of 6.2 percent. The 0.5 percent fall was the largest since the start of the COVID-19.
The PPI looks at final demand prices across a wide variety of categories and is meant to measure inflation at the wholesale level. It’s different from the consumer price index, which measures changes in the prices consumers pay for goods […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content