Kazatomprom’s quarterly outperformance and numbers were analyzed in a BMO Capital Markets report. In an August 2 research note, BMO Capital Markets analyst Alexander Pearce reported that Kazatomprom (KAP: LSE) "delivered a better than expected Q2/21 overall."
Specifically, Pearce indicated, the uranium major’s production and sales both were a beat in Q2/21. He addressed both.
As for attributable Q2/21 production, it was 8,000,000 pounds (8 Mlb), 8% higher than BMO’s estimate and 10% higher than Q1/21 production. Overall production totaled 14.4 Mlb, exceeding BMO’s forecasted 12.9 Mlb.
"Production continued to improve after the impact of lower wellfield activity mid-last year," Pearce wrote.Regarding Q2/21 group sales, they amounted to 12.9 Mlb U3O8, 71% higher than BMO’s projection of 7.5 Mlb U3O8. Pearce pointed out, however, that such variability is typical, as "the timing of customer deliveries can vary significantly quarter to quarter and are generally weighted to H2." He added that deliveries will […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content