It’s been another year of the unexpected, thanks to new COVID-19 variants and technological upheaval. Battery tech, uranium, and semiconductors won in 2021.
Lithium and Battery Technology
The Global X Lithium & Battery Tech ETF [LIT] is up 39.32 % for the year, compared with the 25.83% rise of the S&P 500 (as of 21 December’s close). Individual stocks within the sector that have charged up this year include Chinese EV maker BYD [1211.HK] up 28% and miner Lithium Corporation of America [LAC] , which is up an impressive 212% (as of 21 December’s close).
Lithium is essential in the development of lithium battery technology for use in electric vehicles, renewable energy storage and mobile devices. It has been boosted by governments and corporates looking to clean energy as a way of building back from the pandemic and meeting net-zero carbon emissions targets in order to limit global warming. Government […]
Click here to view original web page at www.cmcmarkets.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!