Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) – The gold market continues to struggle below $1,900 an ounce as investor sentiment is weight down by further news of potential vaccines for the COVID-19 pandemic; however, one fund manager doesn’t think this will keep gold prices down for very long.
In a recent telephone interview with Kitco News, Steve Land, vice-president and portfolio manager for Franklin Templeton’s Franklin Gold and Precious Metals Fund, said that although the vaccine is good for economic growth, governments and central banks still have to deal with the economic devastation that the COVID-19 pandemic has already created.
"We can now see a path forward, but there are still a lot of questions unanswered," he said. "There’s still … a lot of work […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content