A tanker moored in a gas and oil dock at the Port of Constanta in Constanta, Romania, on Tuesday, … [+] © 2022 Bloomberg Finance LP When President Biden appeared in Poland yesterday, he said that the Russian leadership could not remain in power if it continued to brutalize Ukraine. To this end, the global economic sanctions are meant to isolate President Putin not just from the civilized world but also from his people. What’s more likely is that Russia will get gradually elbowed out of the global energy supply chain.
Russia’s economy centers on the sale of oil and natural gas. The country is also a supplier of nuclear energy technologies and the uranium to run those power plants. Pulling the plug will be hard. But it can be jostled loose over a few years. The United States, Australia, and Qatar can supply natural gas while the Middle Eastern […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content