Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are solidly lower in early U.S. trading Wednesday. The precious metals are again being pressured by a stronger U.S. dollar index on this day. Much to the consternation of the bulls, the safe-haven metals can’t catch a bid at mid-week despite the keener risk aversion in the marketplace. Once again the shorter-term gold futures traders are paying more attention to the daily movements of the U.S. dollar index. December gold futures were last down $21.50 at $1,890.20 and December Comex silver was last down $0.62 at $23.97 an ounce.
Global stock markets were mixed but mostly lower overnight. U.S. stock indexes are set to open the New York […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content