Unless gold is being bought for jewellery consumption, the nvestment should be through sovereign gold bonds, experts advise. (Express Photo: Pavan Khengre) On Wednesday, the number of new Covid-19 cases around the world crossed 5 lakh in a day for the first time. The fresh spike in cases and deaths and growing uncertainty about controlling Covid-19 has not only brought equities back under pressure but also reinforced the case for investment in gold. If hopes of a vaccine have now spilled over to the second half of 2021, there is also anxiety over the time it may take to vaccinate the entire world population. While this is ample cause to worry investors, low interest rates and high inflation are other factors that would keep gold prices firm until a vaccine is in sight.
With the Diwali festive season round the corner, many feel the high prices should not come in […]
Click here to view original web page at indianexpress.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!