In the two-week short interest reporting period that ended October 30, the price of gold slipped by about 1.5%. For the year to date, gold futures have gained approximately 22%, after posting an all-time high at $2,089.20 in July. Shortly before noon Wednesday, the yellow metal traded at around $1,863 per ounce.
Short interest decreased on three of five gold-mining stocks and increased on two of three gold exchange-traded funds in the two-weeks ended October 30.
Newmont Corp. ( NYSE: NEM ) saw short interest fall by 187% to 8.0 million shares. That represents about 1.0% of the company’s float. Days to cover remained at two. In the two-week short interest period, the share price slipped by about 0.3%. Its 52-week range is $33.00 to $72.22, and shares traded at $63.55 on Wednesday.
Barrick Gold Corp. ( NYSE: GOLD ) short interest rose by 4% in the two weeks to the end […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content