These three well-regulated products can fire you up this Dhanteras
Gold can play many roles in an investor’s portfolio — from return-diversifier and a hedge against inflation to an insurance against adversities. But for Indian investors, what’s the best way to invest in gold?
While buying gold digitally through mobile wallets could be a way out, remember, such products operate in a regulatory vacuum.
There is no watchdog akin to SEBI for capital market entities to oversee digital platforms that sell gold.Thus, we leave this option out and discuss three well-regulated options. Sovereign gold bonds Sovereign gold bonds (SGBs) are issued by the Reserve Bank of India (in denominations of 1 gram or more) and represent borrowings by the Centre.Their main attraction is that they carry a sovereign guarantee with a coupon of 2.5 per cent per annum on the face value of the bond. This is on top of […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content