The Honeymoon uranium mine in north-east South Australia was bought by Boss Energy in 2015. Uranium production will resume by the end of next year at the Honeymoon uranium mine in north-east South Australia, the owner says.
Boss Energy announced this morning that it had signed off on a $113 million upgrade of the mine near Broken Hill, after previous plans to revive the mine were shelved in 2013 because of low uranium prices and high production costs.
Production is expected to begin by December next year, with the outback mine forecast to produce 2.5 million pounds of uranium per year by 2026.
In a statement to the ASX, Boss Energy said it had raised capital for the project through $125 million in share sales in March.The company’s managing director, Duncan Craib, and director Bryn Jones briefed South Australian Mining Minister Tom Koutsantonis on the project on Friday.Uranium prices have almost doubled […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content