* Stock rally as investors price gridlock in Washington
* Trump wins battlegrounds of Florida, Ohio and Texas
* FACTBOX-Who is winning the U.S. election?
* 2020 U.S. ELECTION: What you need to know right now* Graphic: Global markets since Trump’s election in 2016 tmsnrt.rs/3mLQXkZ (Recasts and updates prices)Nov 4 (Reuters) – Gold prices fell on Wednesday as bets that the Democrats will be unable to take control of the U.S. Senate in the razor-edge American election dashed hopes for a larger U.S. coronavirus stimulus.Spot gold fell 0.7% to $1,896.02 per ounce by 1:52 p.m. EST (1553 GMT). U.S. gold futures settled down 0.7% at $1,896.20.Prices fell more than 1% earlier in the session as the dollar emerged as the favoured safe haven, with President Donald Trump falsely claiming victory with millions of votes still uncounted in the tight presidential race.“It’s becoming quite expected that the senate is not going to shift […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content