Told you once, told you 98% of the time…
ROLL BACK to Tuesday, 4th May 1999, says Adrian Ash at BullionVault.
The US stock market has risen 10-fold over the previous 2 decades…
…and stocks now keep setting fresh all-time highs as the "information super highway" sees investors large and small bet big on anything with "dot com" in its name or prospectus.Gold in contrast is flirting with fresh 2-decade lows, losing two-thirds of its US Dollar value from the inflation-crisis top at $850 per ounce of January 1980.So asks the headline on columnist Floyd Norris’ view of the metal as central banks across the world sell off ever-more of their bullion reserves."The process of removing the glitter from gold has been a gradual but inexorable one," Norris writes."Gold’s reputation as a store of value has eroded…Much of the world is now quite happy to accept the idea that […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content