A client note via RBC on the metal, the bank sees factors still prevalent to support the price ahead:
While we may have seen a reset of sorts in gold’s valuation, its path is not predetermined as we barrel towards 2021 While the market seems to have priced in a new normal for now, prices remain elevated beyond where many macro drivers would imply on their own, as uncertainty still pervades.
even putting the risk of a viral resurgence aside, an effective vaccine will take time to distribute, the economy will take time to recover, and prolonged political uncertainty remains a worry.
While investor flows as measured by ETF flows have levelled out for the most part, we believe that there is still a clear appreciation for gold amid all the uncertainty that still persists. Thus, while the "light at the end of the tunnel" may […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content