Okapi Resources is moving towards its goal of becoming a leader in North American carbon-free nuclear energy with the acquisition of the historical Sunnyside uranium mine in Utah.
The company nabbed the past-producing mine by staking mining claims that cover 960 acres adjacent to its existing Rattler uranium project.
It’s a smooth move considering uranium sentiment – and prices – are going gangbusters right now. That’s mainly driven by the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust which has reportedly bought the equivalent of France’s entire annual uranium supply.
Okapi Resources (ASX:OKR) is confident Sunnyside could present a significant opportunity for new discoveries because historical production at the mine was at grades of 1,500 parts per million uranium and 1.5% vanadium.But that was in the early 1900s so there’s been no modern exploration at the site since. Maiden exploration planning underway “The acquisition of a 100% interest in the past-producing, high-grade Sunnyside Uranium […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content