About 20 years ago, Swiss investor Marc Faber had correctly predicted a bull run in the oil and commodities market. Now, Faber expects gold prices to remain firm over the next few months. The author of the widely followed Gloom Boom & Doom Report tells ET Magazine , gold will outperform the equities market in the near- to medium-term. Edited excerpts of the interview:
Gold prices have firmed up over the past six to eight months. What reasons would you allocate for this trend?
Gold prices have been rising since December 2015, following price corrections between 2011 and 2015. This year, gold is up 26% and silver 33% in US dollars. The reason precious metals are up is endless money printing by the US Federal Reserve and exploding US fiscal deficits, which will continue forever. Not only the US Fed, central banks around the world are printing money […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content