Et Tu, Brute? The Staying Power of Gold Latest Offers, Straight To Your Inbox
A new auction record has been set for the most valuable ancient gold coin ever sold in a public transaction. A gold aureus from ancient Rome garnered a winning bid of over $4.1 million at the end of October.
The coin was authenticated and graded by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), one of the two leading third-party grading services. NGC is based in Sarasota, Florida .
This coin is not merely very old and made of gold. If that was the whole story, it would certainly still be a valuable coin, but nowhere near it’s seven-figure strike price. So let’s talk about what makes this coin special. Et Tu, Brute? First of all, this gold coin is an exceptionally rare type. Only three are known to exist! Moreover, this example has a particularly strong strike that resulted in […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content