Given the presence of high-grade neodymium-praseodymium oxide – an essential ingredient for multiple clean technologies – the company is considering additional work to determine the potential of this discovery. The company completed 17 trenches across an area of around 3 kilometres of strike at the Milenje Hills Rare Earth prospect Lotus Resources Ltd ( ASX:LOT ) has found high-grade rare earth oxide (REO) material up to 16% total REO and 3.4% critical REO at the Milenje Hills prospect, 2 kilometres from its Kayelekera Uranium Mine in Malawi, after a preliminary low-cost exploration program.
The rare-earth assemblage discovered by geophysics, mapping, and trenching at the prospect includes neodymium, europium, terbium, dysprosium, yttrium, and praseodymium – with neodymium and praseodymium oxides representing around 20% of the total REO content of the assayed samples.
These two elements, along with dysprosium and terbium are essential for the manufacture of permanent magnetics, which make-up around 90% […]
Click here to view original web page at www.proactiveinvestors.com.au
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!